Tuesday 19 September 2017

Robert Grima:

Hi,

I am sending this great picture we took at the Brits 2 or 3 years ago. 

I knew Dave from many many years ago, since my very early days with his bands New Model Army and Toy Dolls. 

He always loved our country and everybody in our team was so delighted when he was coming around to the shitty shows we are doing with his bands in the middle of nowhere in Spain. 

He loved it so much that he and Rom ended up spending much time in Iznajar, in the middle ln nowhere in Spain. 

No matter where we were that he was always the greatest, in great mood and always generous. Always fun, but as a professional, whenever he needed to tweak things, he would be straight, and he was right. 

I do remember (well, I don't to be honest) some nights in Austin where I used to eat chocolate inside his closed closet in his hotel room and other memorable nights.

You have been always such a big heart my friend and I send you a huge hug and countless blessings and thanks for being part of my life. 
It is a shame you had to cancel your trip to Cadiz this September, it would have been really fun. 

I'll find you sometime and share a beer in the middle of nowhere. 

Much love. 

RG

No comments:

Post a Comment